Yoni is a sacred sanskrit word that translates to “source of all life” or “sacred space” referring to a woman’s holy grail, or vagina, between her legs. Our yoni is our opening into the infinite intelligence and center of creation. Our yoni is a place to be honored and cherished, a place of clarity and wisdom. When we get out of balance with life, our yoni is the first to let us know with symptoms of imbalance and disease.
Your Yoni Never Lies.
Taking time daily to connect with your yoni, to check in with her and to devote to her, will increase your connection and ability to hear her needs. At first it may feel funny, speaking to your yoni. Please trust that after some practice it will be your secret weapon to success! The more you allow her to be your guide, the more you will live in alignment with your deepest pleasures and desires. Following the wisdom of your yoni will allow you to step into the magnetism of creative mastery.
One of my favorite ways to connect with my yoni is yoni sun bathing. This is one of the most ancient and potent tools for awakening dormant energies. Be prepared to shine light into the darkness, and love any hidden shadows.
Ancient Taoists called this “sunning” where you simply open your legs and have your yoni drink in the sunshine. When we honor the goddess temple within us, we increase our health, abundance, sensuality and fertility. The natural sunlight helps to kill bacteria and tones the muscles. By exposing the darkest or most yin part of our bodies to yang sunlight, we bring harmony and balance to our energy system. It is also very invigorating and stimulating for our sexual energy.
This practice has also been shown to boost the immune system and help alleviate yeast. Plus, your yoni lips (labia) will absolutely adore the warmth and vitamin D. In the 1930s, before antibiotics, sunlight therapy (heliotherapy) was favored by the medical community, proven to be the most successful treatment for infectious diseases. The sun’s rays are deeply healing and also extremely activating, if you allow the light to penetrate. Infuse the golden glow of life-force vitality into your whole being.
I love to go nude in my backyard and bare my bottom to the sun for 10-15 minutes (gauge your time depending on how much sun exposure you are used to). I always feel a burst of mana (energy), inspiration and a flow of any stuck or stagnant energies. If you are in a cold winter zone, turn up the heat and catch the rays through a clear glass window.
Yoni Sunning Guide
- Lay on your back with your knees bent, soles of feet kissing the earth and knees open wide.
- Place your hands comfortably on your belly outlining your pelvic bowl.
- On your inhale, imagine through your yoni lips (labia) sipping in the energy of love, light and gratitude from the sun’s rays.
- On your exhale, release to the earth any tension, cords, patterns or imbalances.
- Stay here for a few minutes deeping your rhythmic breath.
- When ready to spice it up – contract your PC muscles (kegel or mula bandha) at the top of your inhale while massaging the sun’s healing rays into your belly.
- Big open mouth exhale to release and soften.
- Repeat and stay with it for 5 minutes.
- Remember to have fun and be easy on yourself.
- Leave time for self-reflection and integration.
Happy awakening beautiful!
xx, Alila Rose Grace
Founder of Mahina Menstrual Cup