As we welcome spring into our homes, our gardens, and our wardrobe, we can also invite spring into our Being.
Spring is a time of clearing out the old to make space for the new. It’s a fluttery, flirty energy that feels like a blossoming, open to embrace the increase in sunlight. In the sacred cycle of the Archetypal Feminine, spring time can be linked to the Virgin/Maiden energy. The Maiden is the lightness of heart and body that emerges after a heavy, dark winter of blood/moon time. The Maiden represents new beginnings and a purity of heart, womb and spirit. She portrays the innocence of childhood, where the soul’s dreams, magic and make believe, are alive. The Maiden Goddess appears when a woman is pursuing her own desires and ideas for herself. The Maiden puts herself first, she does what she wants, when she wants to do it.
Here are 3 potent and fun practices to Awaken your Spring Goddess:
SHAKE LA BOOBIES!
This practice focuses on releasing tension, stored memories and trauma, from the heart chakra (Anahata). There is an ancient Egyptian myth, “When you transition from this life, your heart is weighed against that of a feather.” It often makes me wonder, “How light must my heart be to weigh less than a feather? How many lifetimes of hurt, pain and sadness am I holding in my heart?” and “How light is love to weight less than a feather?!”
This home-play is a perfect way to find spring lightness in your heart.
- Put on your favorite tunes, lock your door and turn off your devices
- Drop your shoulders and open your heart
- Bring your hands to prayer in front of your heart center and take 3 deep, long, juicy breaths. With each open-mouth exhale, allow authentic sound to escape your tongue.
- Set an intention to dust off the old cobwebs of your heart; perhaps there is a particular person, moment, or emotion you are ready to release.
- Close your eyes and begin with a gentle bounce, inviting yourself to surrender to your wild inhibitions – play with the unlimited ways to jiggle, shimmy, shake, rattle and roll your beautiful breasts. If they are sore or tender, slow down and keep breathing.
- Keep laughter on your tongue while inviting lightness in your heart.
- Keep la’ boobies bouncing for 5 minutes, allowing the sweet sweat to drip like nectar.
- Bring your hands to your heart – notice any sensations, notice any feelings, notice any memories arising.
- Take 3 delicious inhales, and exhale ‘Ahhhhh’
- Journal your experience.
- For a deeper integration, leave space for a full breast massage. Check out some how to tips here.
2. WOMB CLEARING
This Womb Clearing exercise helps to release stagnant energies in the womb. As woman, we are intrinsically open and receptive. We take on various energies constantly, without consent or consciousness. Mostly, we carry energies from past and present lovers, for up to 7 years. We also absorb energy from family, community, friends, co-workers, etc. It’s imperative we ‘clean house’ often and reclaim our womb, our source of power, as our own.
This is an extremely powerful and effective practice – give yourself space and time to drop in fully. You will find that you may wish to do this few times, as deeper layers arise and certain characters need to be cut numerous times before the energy is actually released.
- Be sure you are alone and uninterrupted – – turn off your cell phone and lock the door.
- Lay comfortably on the floor with soles of the feet together and knees spread like a butterfly. You may wish to add a pillow or rolled blanket under your outer thighs for extra support.
- Close your eyes and place your hands over your womb in an inverted triangle, thumbs and first fingers together.
- Breathe down into her – listen for her pulse, her voice; feel for her warmth and tender softness.
- Settle into a quiet space, let go of the day, the to-do list, what’s for dinner, what your last conversation was, etc
- Take 3 deep, long juicy inhales and exhales. With each exhale, open your mouth and feel your body surrender to the earth/surface beneath you.
- Invite yourself to journey back in time and invite one person, place, memory, or moment to come forth into your inner vision.
- As an image appears, see all the places where energetic cords are connected and intertwined – the heart, womb, solar plexus, third eye.
- Focus clearly on one cord at a time; feel it’s connection to you and all the sensations or memories that arise.
- Take a big inhale and on a 3 part exhale, imagine cutting the cords with 3 ‘HA, HA, HA.’
- Feel. Breathe. Notice.
- Thank each connection for all the lessons and ways that they have served your evolution.
- The trick and the truth is the connection will dissolve only when you find forgiveness and peace with it. When you can find gratitude, it will no longer have power over you.
- Continue for 20-30 minutes or for as long as it takes to clear the memories or emotional charge.
- Journal your experience.
3. COMMITMENT BALANCE
This is one of my favorite journal exercises that I do almost every moon. It allows us to see visually, where we are focusing our precious energy. We have the most amazing gift of unlimited potential, and the more we focus on the things that are of service to us, the more energy we have for creativity, play, love and connection.
I find that so often I say “yes” to commitments out of fear, boredom, lack of clarity, lack of direction, or just trying to please everyone. The Maiden energy is clear on what she wants, and unapologetic in her approach (think about your teenager self!)
This practice is an invitation to let your ‘No’ serve your “YES”.
- Find a cozy, quiet and uninterrupted space where you can drop in.
- Take out your journal and favorite writing utensil.
- On the top of the first page write, ‘All the things I’m committed to.’
- Give yourself some time to free write all the things that you are regularly committed to – this includes relationships, family, work, community, exercise and education classes, etc. Write down all your roles.
- Now flip the page and at the top of this page write, ‘All the things I wish to commit to.’
- Again, allow yourself to free write – this includes all creative projects, connections, travel, certifications, hobbies, various classes. Write down all your goals.
- Now, go back to the first page, evaluate your priorities and begin crossing things off the list that you are willing to release in order to make space for your soul’s passions.
- Remember, in order to add any new commitments, whether it be creative venues or that relationship you’re calling in, you must make space!
- Clean out the closet of your commitments and begin anew.
Have Fun, be Silly – Keep it Light!!
Alila Grace, founder of Mahina Menstrual Cup